If you are a DISH satellite TV customer, please instead see Enhanced DVR Features: DISH
. The information below is for customers of all other TV providers (cable and non-DISH satellite) with DVRs that are NOT integrated with the Ray Super Remote.
Accessing & Managing Your DVR
When you tap on the DVR icon on the Home screen it will open the list of your recordings on your TV. Use Ray “virtual" remote to navigate through the list almost exactly as you did with your old, physical remote control.
And remember: if you’ve closed Ray’s “virtual” remote, you can pull it up quickly at any time by tapping the Remote button at the right of Ray’s bottom navigation bar.
TO SET AN UPCOMING PROGRAM TO RECORD:
1. Make sure your TV is on and configured for watching live TV
2. Open Ray’s “virtual” on-screen remote
3. Tap the “Guide” button (in the button grid at the bottom of the remote)— this will:
- Open the TV guide / schedule on your television screen
- Change Ray’s “virtual” remote to its “Navigate” touchpad mode
4. Use Ray's “virtual" remote to navigate through the guide on your TV screen until you find a program to record
5. Tap to select the program; continue swiping and tapping as needed to finish setting the recording
TO RECORD A PROGRAM YOU’RE CURRENTLY WATCHING:
The playback controls of Ray’s “virtual” remote includes a record button (the red dot)—tap it to start immediately recording whatever program is currently playing on your TV. The record button and DVR playback controls are also available on the Program Detail screen of the program you’re currently watching.
NOTE: Right now, for most cable and satellite TV providers the Ray remote is NOT integrated with DVR capabilities. This means that Ray can send simple, one-way signals to the DVR—like telling it to start recording the currently playing program—but Ray does not “know” the status of DVR activity necessary to perform more complex commands. We are working to integrate Ray more fully with other TV providers (as it currently is with DISH TV)—so stay tuned for enhancements to your Ray DVR features in the future!