At the bottom of each of Ray's "virtual" remotes is a grid of touchscreen buttons that replicate those from the physical remote control.
The default set of buttons are Ray’s selection of the most commonly used ones for each device—so you won't initially see every single button from your old remote. But you can customize them to your needs by adding and removing buttons.
Here's a step-by-step guide:
1. Once you've got a "virtual" remote open, you'll initially see only part of the button grid—swipe up from the bottom of the remote screen to display the full grid.
Note: If the virtual remote displayed is not the one you wish to customize, here's how to switch to a different virtual remote.
2. At the bottom of the grid you'll see empty spaces for adding more buttons; tap the empty "+" space to open the list of available additional buttons for the device.
3. Tap the button you'd like to add; you'll return to the button grid, where you'll see that button added.
If you don't see your button here, you can teach Ray the button you need.
A few additional tips:
- To remove an existing button from the grid, tap and hold down on it until the button list appears. Tap the black "empty" button that's first in the list; you'll return to the button grid, where you'll see your selected button has been removed. Note that on some device remotes, certain buttons cannot be removed from the grid, because they are essential to the device's operation.
- To place a button in a specific spot on the grid: in step 2, hold down the button that is currently in the place that you'd like your new button. Then continue from step 3. Learn more about rearranging the buttons on the grid.
- You can reset the remote to it's default buttons by tapping "+" in the button list and then tapping the "Reset remote..." link